As women, we are faced with many challenges. One of the challenges is recognizing lies and knowing how to combat them.
Last summer some ladies and I gathered to study the book of Ephesians. Every other week we would meet at Panera to learn from the Apostle Paul.
During the time Paul wrote to the church of Ephesus, he was “locked up”. I find this impressive and it speaks of the zeal he had for both Christ and the Church.
Truth be told… I spent less than 24 hours in the county jail and let me tell you, I thought I was going to DIE. Needless to say, the thought of writing an encouraging letter to anyone never crossed my mind. Just saying.
Praise God for the Apostle Paul!
No matter how well-liked we are in our community, our church, or our jobs, we have an enemy, Satan. Satan wants to destroy (put an end to) you and me alike. He wants to prevent us from knowing the truth because when we know the truth, it makes us free and it makes us powerful.
As daughters of God, we have access to truth through God’s Word. As you read these truths, allow them to take root in your heart. When the enemy whispers a lie to you, respond with the truth–God’s truth.
- Through Jesus, you have been blessed with every spiritual blessing (Ephesians 1:3)
- You were chosen (handpicked) before the foundations of the world, that you should be holy and without blame (Ephesians 1:4)
- You are accepted (Ephesians 1:6)
- You are redeemed and forgiven (Ephesians 1:7)
- You are sealed with the Holy Spirtit (Ephesians 1:13)
- You are alive–no longer dead in your sins (Ephesians 2:1)
- You are loved (Ephesians 2:4)
- You are saved by faith (Ephesians 2:18)
- You are no longer a stranger but a member of God’s family (Ephesians 2:19)
- You are bold through Christ and have access through Christ to approach the Father with confidence (Ephesians 3:12)
- You have power (Ephesians 3:20)
- You are gifted (Ephesians 4:7-13)
- You are created in righteousness and holiness (Ephesians 4:24)
- You are a light in the Lord: walk as children of the light (Ephesians 5:8)
- You have the armor of God– allowing you to stand and not be shaken. (Ephesians 6:11-17)
You turn: Which of these truths resonated with you the most? I challenged you to get your Bible, take out your favorite highlighter and highlight all of the above verses.
P.S. If you found this post to be encouraging, please share with at leat one other woman who also needs to be encouraged.
This is great! You are definitely right about the enemy wanting us to be in the dark. I’m going to highlight these 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Praise God. Thank you Evette for taking out time to read. I’m so glad you’re going to highlight them. 😊 God bless you, show up and shine sis! We are the light of the world.